Cascade Columbia was founded in 1926 under the name of Cascade Chemical by Dean Slatter in Seattle Washington. Cascade began business as a stocking agent for Allied Chemical selling mineral acids primarily to metal finishing accounts and battery manufacturers. For many years Cascade operated out of a small industrial site in Seattle's Interbay neighborhood. In 2004 Cascade relocated to 6900 Fox Ave. S., a location south of downtown Seattle. Additionally in 1994 Cascade built and moved into a new facility in Sherwood, Oregon, a suburb of Portland, to service the Oregon market.
Over the years, Cascade has evolved from its limited product line to become a full line distributor with the addition of new suppliers, products and customers. Cascade remains in family control and ownership. Bill Code, who was employed originally in 1957 in a sales/operations role, purchased the company in 1972 from Dean Slatter, a family friend. In 1998 the business was purchased by Bill's sons Bob and Jim Code.
Today, Cascade remains the only locally owned Northwest full-line stocking distributor with owned locations in the Seattle and Portland markets as well as a stocking location in Spokane, Washington.
Cascade, its employees and the Code family are proud to be primarily focused on providing value products and service to the Northwest and remain focused on helping our customers successfully compete and grow their businesses.
To provide our customers with a RESPONSIBLE,
KNOWLEDGEABLE, and PROFESSIONAL
source to meet their chemical requirements.